Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Introducing Naomi Grace


Naomi Grace Welch 
December 23, 2012
4:15 AM - 5 pounds - 17" long







Monday's ultrasound determined Naomi had not grown since our last appointment, the Doctor set an induction date. We were happy the boys were in Utah. We were happy to have a delivery date.  We were praying for a healthy little girl.  After two days of labor, Naomi was born.

Our prayers had been answered, our precious girl had arrived after months of worrying and waiting. We thank God for our daughter, she is a gift we do not deserve. We are so grateful.

 We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in the hospital.  An Army Commander from Fort Sam Houston visited our room Christmas morning with gift basket in hand to wish us a  Merry Christmas. Very unexpected and such a thoughtful gesture. The Commander's son looked like my son Cole. My lip quivered when he walked in the room.  I would have loved a visit from my boys and our family to celebrate Naomi's arrival. 

Christmas Evening we went back to our quiet room at the Fisher House.  Due to circumstances we were not equipped to care for Naomi comfortably. We did not have a crib or port-a-crib so Naomi spent her first Christmas night in a drawer made into a bed. A friend brought us our car seat from Del Rio so we could take her out of the hospital. I only had a couple outfits and blankets. Naomi cried a lot her first night out of the hospital, I think she was so cold. Drawer was not cutting it.

Early the next morning we packed up the car and drove the three hours to Del Rio.  We arrived safely, I had finally returned home exactly one month later. My dear neighbors had decorated my door with baby girl wrapping paper and left presents on the table and girls clothes on a line across my sliding door. Such a warm welcome home, the house was decorated for Thanksgiving. Just as I had left it. Thanksgiving in my soul, thanksgiving for Naomi, thanksgiving to be home.



9 comments:

Amber and Travis said...

I have been dying for this update. Every time you wrote a new post it was like I was hanging on the edge of my seat because you left it hanging. I am so glad to hear that you and she are doing well. What a lucky girl to join your sweet family! Congrats!

Ashlee and Shane said...

You brought tears to my eyes. What a blessed family you are. Naomi is adorable and I absolutely love the name you picked. It's beautiful. Congratulations!

Kent and Leisy said...

my goodness!! what a teeny little girl! so happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

your baby girl is so precious! congratulations!!! Ethan misses his buddies, but at least now I have found your blog!

Sheri said...

What an incredible few months you have experienced!!! SO grateful that you're together and home. Only Heaven knows what you have been through! She's a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations, and much love sent your way from Ohio. We all miss you-you are a beautiful family!

Huish Family said...

She is a beautiful little peanut! Quite the holidays for the Welch crew! So glad to hear all turned out well. :)

Aleese and Scott said...

She is adorable!! My experience with my twins is almost identical to yours! I don't know how you did it away from your home hospital! You are AMAZING! Congrats you guys!

Ammieloris said...

She is so sweet. What a beautiful story. Congratulations.

Spencer & Suzy said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea you've had a new sweet little one for almost 2 whole months! And she shares a birthday with Spencer :) Congrats on your beautiful little Naomi, so glad you're both doing well.