A birthday song sounds sweetest with a child's voice ringing in each ear. My birthday celebration was delicious! The hubby-cooked meal & rainbow chip bundt served on a cookie sheet were comforting and traditional, just how I prefer my birthdays. The cookie sheet was much larger than the cake which could mean: #1 husband did not want to search the cupboards for the cake plate or #2 the emptiness around the cake is to be filled throughout the year. Either way I do feel older, a little wiser and happy.
September was spent nesting,then "flying the coop" to explore our new habitat. The home is quite comfortable - Trent's parents recently remodeled their home so graciously they allowed me their beautiful furniture and accessories. The other portion of our purchases increased the stock price of Potterybarn, Tjmaxx, Ikea and the Goodwill to name a few. Our home provides some "firsts" for us: master bath with 2 sinks, a stand alone shower,walk-in closet, new appliances, 2 car garage, 3 parks in walking distance and no brass insight. A couple DIY projects, tried to knock off Anthropologie "pompom" curtains- my attempt is hung in humble comparison,reminds frugality.



*oh yes Cris, you welcome visitors!

*love that my boys legs are being squashed by an Ikea picture frame! What good sports!
The new location is mostly rural with pockets of suburbs, shops, and schools. Dayton offers Midwest charm and many local treasures. Things discovered so far...
Military Base Swimming Pool & Splash Park (to keep cool)
Carriage Hill Metropark & Historic Farm
Wegerzyn Garden Metropark
Columbus Zoo
Empty on a Saturday afternoon
Camped with the coons at John Bryan State Park. An 80 degree October weekend provided an great time. Slept with my eyes wide open,heard growling outside the tent-FOR REAL-and later had to "heave" my ugg boot thru a 4" crack in my tent zipper to scram the rascal raccoon scavaging through our camp. Boys slept through the commotion. John Bryan State park neighbors Clifton Gorge, a National Natural landmark, also beautiful.
Charleston Falls Preserve
Trent's collegue Bob is an expert, he took us out for the day. Simply a modern day treasure hunt, caches are hidden all over the world. Read the clue,input the coordinates into the GPS, find the cache. It is fun,really fun! Cole was in his element. This may be a new family pastime.




Dayton's weather packs a punch. It lacks Cleveland's humitidy, yet the storms are just as mean. Within our first month many intense storms would rattle the house at night. I tried to capture video of the intense lighting & rain. A couple days ago a mysterious cloud formation rolled over the house,most unsual and eery.
The Huang's were our first visitors! Molly and I caught up while George and Trent (well maybe just George,he is a kid at heart) played Light-saber battles with the boys. I enjoyed hearing Matthew play the cello and of course loved having friends in my home. I am surrounded by wonderful people. Ann brings by Portugese sweet bread, Salsa, Beans&Rice. Kris Anne & Jenn invite us for gno's, parties and playdates. What's in a name? I'm not sure however another great Rebekah has entered my life. Rebekah's is Cole's primary teacher, she is an answer to prayer. Her boys come to play on Thursday's while she works. We love the time we get to spend together.
Cole started Pre-School, his favorite time is art. His artwork is sunshine, I display it everywhere around the house. Jake and I have occupanied Cole on field trips to the Pumpkin Patch and the firehouse. Jake loved this, he still talks about the hayride and points out the firehouse everytime we drive by. I'm on class playdough duty until the end of the year... my mother was nice not to laugh when I called her with a sticky pastey mess. Help!















































4 comments:
Larua i am so glad you updated your blog your family is so beautiful. I love that photo of you and trent what a great looking couple. love you all
Tiffany Butlr
Love the Halloween costumes- so cute! Glad you are enjoying Dayton :) How does Trent like his AEGD?
Oh the last picture is so funny because teh MrGregors did the same thing with Grant as a little yoda, same ears and everything. Your cloud pictures turned out great. Everytime I see awesome clouds I take pictures and then it just looks like a really dark skye, your clouds had creepy depth and I am sure in person they were even cooler.
Loved your update! So great to see your decorating, Miss. Martha. Always impressed by your endless talents. LOVE, Love seeing your family enjoying the Fall season. Wish I could hop on a plane today and come see you for the weekend...maybe someday. You have done so many fun activities. I need to start planning better for my own family. Wowza-way to go!
Beautiful family sister-
Love you and miss you!
Natalie
Post a Comment