I have an addiction...Ice. I crave it non-stop around the clock! Why? who knows! What I do know is nothing is more satisfying these days. Over the past couple months I have relied on bags of ice from CVS while in pursuit to find a convenience store that sold crushed ice. While running errands I stopped the vehicle at an AM PM to check out their ice supply only to find the desired TREASURE!!! A fountain drink machine with CRUSHED ICE!!! Hallelujah. The store clerk caught my excitement, watched me fill up a 44 oz cup, looked at my big belly and swollen feet and said - lady for you that ice is on the house. I was distracted by overflowing cups of ice to be embarrassed or to insist my payment of 30 cents - I smiled, said thank you and made my way to the car in pure bliss.
There is nothing pretty about chewing ice,it is not lady like and certainly annoying to those around me, for this I apologize. However I am happy my 3rd trimester craving is ice and not potato chips.
10 comments:
isn't that a condition? LOL You know, like PICA or something like that? Or is that acronym for some ohio public agency? I don't know. you just make me laugh. sorry I didn't have any ice for you last night :)
Haha, I was thinking the same thing as Loralee. It actually could mean that you're iron deficient. Or it could just be part of being pregnant. who knows. At least you get sympathy points to score free ice!
You and mother are so much alike.
What a hoot. I only wish I craved yummy ice over other things! I hope that you are feeling well. We are counting down for you. Can't wait to see new baby boy!!
I know the feeling. I haven't had that craving this time around but with Gavin I couldn't get enough of it. It should always be "on the house" for preggo women. I am glad to hear all is going well. We love you guys and hope you had a wonderful Easter. We saw the cute pics. of Cole. What a Stud!!
Hey all the power to you sistah! That is one healthy craving!
Wow - 22 days. Hope you are feeling well. We miss you SO much. Please let me know how you are doing - love the pics!
That is way too funny. My sister (who isn't pregnant, lol) has a serious addiction to crushed ice and will literally drive 15 minutes or more OUT OF HER WAY just to get it from a certain gas station. And when they are out, which they often are she is not happy! Could be much worse cravings.... hope you are well, just wanted to say hello!
That is way better then my Big Mac addiction during my 3rd trimester--I pray that next go around I will crave ice too!
Love it! Glad you found some good ice to handle the craving! When is your baby due? A boy? So exciting!! Can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment