
If you are interested in inducing pre-term labor or need a "roller coaster" fix during hard economic times take a drive on Cleveland roads. Pot holes, pot holes, sewer lids, uneven pavement, pot holes and more potholes. I can only describe it as a most painful experience for car tires, shocks, rims and pregnant women. The oohs and aah's I let out during drive time are so many you may think I am listening to a tennis match on the radio. This is unfortunately not the case - instead, I am verbalizing my physical and fiscal pain thinking about all the money I will be spending on wheels and damaged goods from the undercarriage of my vehicle.
Sometime ago I was crying at the breakfast table, Cole asked me if I was sad. I said yes Cole I am sad. His reply, " I am sad too, I need a brownie"
Trent finished board exams Monday. We celebrated eating out as a family. While at dinner Trent was finishing the last of his soda. Cole inquired, " Dad you need a refill? then yelled, I need a refill please."
After the restaurant I asked Trent what he wanted to do next, pick up a redbox? get an ice cream? Cole had his thoughts on the matter and suggested, "Let's Hangout for a while... Pop Popcorn, have cookies and candy. I don't want to go to bed."
Cole and I were at his friend Stetson's birthday party, in Stetson's playroom was this quote on the wall. It gave me goosebumps...
"If I were giving a young man advice as to how he might succeed in life, I would say to him, pick out a good father and mother, and begin life in Ohio." - Wilbur Wright 1910
Cole at least has the Ohio thing going for him, good parents are up for discussion. :) Thanks Stetson and Lacy for a FUN party that Cole is still talking about.
2-12-09 Tonight I had a ladies night, upon returning Cole was still stirring in his room so I had to say goodnight. I entered the room to find him jumping up and down in his crib. I said, hi baby what are you still doing up? Did you have a fun night with Dad? Yeah. What did you do? I got trashed, my fingers stuck in trash, threw napkin in trash, go stuck. I got trashed. Trent could here me laughing so he came into the room to see what was going on. So Cole told me you to got trashed while I was gone. Trent said, what? Then Cole kept jumping up and down saying I got trashed, I got trashed. Last time I leave you and Cole alone for Daddy/Son night out:) Trent said let me clarify, Cole got his fingers pinched in a trashcan trying to throw away a napkin.
10 comments:
Ughhh! I can't get enough. I need to squeeze those little cheeks of Cole's and love on him. He is so delicious! I am so glad you celebrated. You all needed that!! Way to go on the board exams Trent..(come good or bad results). At least it's over. I am concerned for your safety Laura. It sounds like those pot holes are dangerous! Watch out for them (lol!) We hope to see you all soon. Maybe in March?? Loves. Emma
I am loving those thoughts from such a wise kiddo. Who dosen't think brownies cheer you up? He is a man who knows what he wants. We miss you guys and I can't believe how much he has grown up. I hope pregnancy is treating you well and we look forward to another little handsome man joining the group. Love YOU!!!!!!!
Oh that is hilarious...both Cole and your oh's an ah's on the road. :) You are funny!
What a cutie Cole is! And I TOTALLY agree about the roads here. Instead of oooing and ahhhing and just cringe. Every. time. (which is a lot!)
Those things are hysterical. I can't believe how much he's growing up. It makes me so excited to get our little guy here. Cole is going to be the greatest big brother. We can't wait for your new addition!
Love you all!
Thanks for the laughs Laura. "The joy of motherhood is in the moment" -Elder Ballard. I love reading how you have a good sense of humor and are enjoying it.
CONGRATS Trent for finishing those board exams! Way to stick with it!! We are wishing now that we would have...just with this crummy economy. Andersen Homes has officially shut there doors down. So now we are looking at opportunities in Vegas, or maybe even going back to school...we don't know just yet?? Either one of those options is going to leave me as a weekend wife. But if that is the sacrifice I have to make for a job right now, I willingly do so!!!
Cole must be a Tueller at heart...a few tears and a good chocolate brownie and you're good to go. I love you and wish I could be at your kitchen table eating a brownie with you. Love, Natalie
cole is the funniest. kid. ever. hands down, he's hilarious. doesn't help that his parents are pretty funny too :)
jeff foxworthy did a "you know you live in ohio when..." thing, and one of them was that you prefer driving in the winter b/c the potholes are filled in with snow. AMEN :)
Oh...I am laughing out loud. Cole needs to come out to dinner with me. I always need a refill and get very impatient when the waiter doesn't come quick enough!!! What a cute boy. I would have to say that not only does he have the OH thing going for him, he has great parents too. And yes-a brownie is the way to cheer up the day! love you guys!!!
Post a Comment