Sunday, August 24, 2008

Green Experiment #2

You should have seen this coming...hence the April post titled "Green Experiment #1." Well Green Experiment #2 was Dahlia bulbs. I planted the bulbs early summer, watched and waited. My friend Becky was the one to witness these flower stalk grow and grow like weeds. No flowers just green, weed looking figures. We weren't sure what to think... What? Did I plant these too late in the season? Where my bulbs "duds" like a bad box of 4th of July fireworks?
To my pleasure - months later FLOWERS! A plethora of Dahlia color and beauty. I believe the saying goes... "he who plants a seed and waits to see believes in God" Well that I do. I think my next experiment should be photography. My photo-crappy needs some work.







6 comments:

The Atwood's said...

Love the flowers, and love how green it is there - I miss it soooooooo much!!! I love all those houses on Fairmount, one of my favorite drives. In the fall, you should drive out Fairmount to Chagrin Falls, have a burger at Rick's and then stop and get me some Tutti Fruitti popcorn at the Popcorn Store. :) OH how I miss it!!! Enjoy it while it lasts.

andy'n'jess said...

Beautiful Flowers!!! Congratulations, I bet they look even better in person than in the pictures!!!

Ashlee and Shane said...

haha! You are funny and your flowers look LOVELY. :) And so does your photography! :)

Megan Andersen said...

I love the flowers--your home is so dang cute!

Anonymous said...

Laura! I am so glad to see you trying new things! That's fun. I guess that's how you learn. The flowers are beautiful. Fun color! Also loved your Niagra Falls pictures! WOW! I will had it to my list! Love, Angie

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, a Master Gardner is in the works! They are beautiful. We did a (one) tomato plant that borders on ugly. Help me, please. XO - Cris