We attended the "on a budget" baseball game - Cleveland Captains are the Indians Single A farm team. Tickets are cheap and we attended $1Taco Tuesday Night. Cole did not speak the first 20 minutes of the game. He was speechless, it was a thing of beauty. Then, out of the corner of his eye he spotted SKIPPER, the team mascot. The rest of the game Trent and I took turns stalking SKIPPER. Cole wanted desperately to see Skipper and give a high fives. However the minute Skipper would start to walk in our direction Cole would bolt the opposite direction and scream like a girl. After some convincing he became content with giving the "painted" Skipper high-fives. He talked about Skipper and hi-fives the whole way home and the next day. The dialogue: "wha ba da ba SKIPPER da ws ba sa HI FIVE wa ba da FUN, AGAIN" - did you get that?
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Dental school is back in session, we tried to get as much "family time" in as possible. Here is a week in review... Niagara Falls pictures in previous post. Firefly's mini putt course is a favorite. Glow in the Dark mini golf is a blast. Cole learned a new word- Astronaut. He says it often, usually when he wants a round of applause or a cookie :) He has some space-themed PJ's and asks specifically for his astronaut PJ's. A friendly tip for those of you planning on Glow in the Dark golf - make sure you wear clean clothes or wear black. The first time I experienced Firefly's mini golf I had spit up stains on my shoulder pad and so did Trent. I still laugh about that. Especially because it was a dental school function. Being a parent is GREAT! For those of you keeping score - Laura gets the rounds Win.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Hey you two! Before your trip out here I saw Trents brother Andy at Costco and got your blog so I could see how you were doing. I was so mad when I got on and found that our blog address was on your list, but we never even knew you had one!!! Anyway, I have it now and it is good to be able to see what you are doing. It looks like you are having tons of adventures. Your little Cole is DARLING!!! Take care!
we like the captains too! ;) let us know the next time you go!
HI Laura. Your Cole is so cute! He is getting so big!!That is so funny that he ran away. Jace would have done the same thing. We miss you!! Brooke
Laura-
What a fun summer, I can tell Cole is loving the fam. time. Good luck Trent with this semester. We miss you guys!!!
I saw you on Jeri's blog, I hope you don't mind :) It is fun to see what you are up to!
Melanie Beers Wilson
Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun! I love all your cute hats you wear! I almost bought myself one the other day...i will have to buy one soon. :)
It's amazing the activities you come up with to do when you are living on a budget--isn't it great! Good Luck with school Trent--we think your awesome!!
Laura,
I want you to be my activity director! You and Trent are always doing and going such fun places. I feel like I am right there with you on these adventures. I think the good Lord created this blog thing for Grandmas!!!! Love you so much! Thank you for sharing your fun!!! Love, Mom T.
Laura,
Hey! This is Chandy Colton (Clayburn) I just by chance found your blog online, so I thought I would say Hi! Looks like you are doing great and your little guy is SO CUTE!
Casey and I have a blog, thecoltonfam.blogspot.com, it would be great to hear from you!
Chandy
Hes getting so big!! It looks like you guys had a great time! We miss you all. LOVE YA
Post a Comment