Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our Baby is Growing Up

When you are expecting a child you get showered with love, gifts and advice from family and friends. I have noted in my heart the kindness that was shown to me during this exciting time in my life. Looking past all the great outfits and newest baby comfort products I remember the following advice more than any gift... mothers everywhere and from all situations all pleaded ..."Your baby will grow fast, Enjoy every moment!" Regretfully I must say, it is happening... happening to me. My baby now speaks in 2 word sentences, runs to answer the door, gets the mail, eats with a spoon, drinks a cup and knows exactly what he wants in every situation. He laughs at my jokes, recognizes Grandpa and Grandma in photographs, watches for Daddy outside the window, folds his arms for prayer, only likes me to sing Twinkle Twinkle little star or Edelweiss at lullaby time. (He gets mad if I try other songs from my repertoire.) He is my best friend and pal and we have a great time together and treasure the moments I will for I know that babies do grow, grow too fast.

So what has Cole been up to these days?

Spring Break...















Mowing the Lawn...




Working on his athletic skills...

18 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

you are lucky you have pretty green grass in your backyard! Ours has turned to moss! :) Cole is so cute!

HeatherC said...

Well put, Laura. Very good advice. Next time we need to play some basketball at sports night (sans me) - I had no idea what a bball star you two are raising! He's such a doll.

Texas Welch's said...

The mad skillz on your son in the b-ball area is good stuff! Very cool indeed.

The weather must be nice to have grass that green already. Mine is only half green and half "other".

Clayton

Heidi Wing said...

Oh my gosh thats the cutest thing ever. He has mad skills. He is getting so so big!!! I miss you guys! Love ya!!

Becky said...

Laura-
Cole is so cute!! I love when he spins the ball.

Leymaster Family said...

We had a blast with you guys the other day. What a sweet boy! And yes he is growing so fast!

Muranda said...

Oh my...I can not believe how good he is with a ball! He's an athlete like his parents! Laura, get a tennis racket in his hands!

Garrett-Ashley & our Peanuts said...

Wow!!! Time really does fly and your little man is now a big boy. It looks like you had a great time at your indoor water park (I am sure it was a needed break for you and your family).
Cole definetly takes after his parents in the athletic department, keep him going and he'll be well on his way.

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Chad and Kelly said...

I think that is my favorite age for sure. I love to watch them learn new things everyday. They absorb so much at that age. I love the basketball skills! VERY IMPRESSIVE! He is adorable!

TNTWilliams said...

I keep watching Cole's little video. He is awesome! I also love the picture of him mowing the lawn with Trent. It is snowing here today-Let summer come already. I will be sending some mail to you shortly. It is a Grandma Dea package. Anywho-Love you lots!!!

Miranda said...

Hey Laura !!! I ran across your blog on Ashleigh's and was excited to see how you were. Your son is adorable! I hope you don't mind that I put a link to your blog on mine. I am so glad to see you are doing well !!!

Miranda (Mandi Lukes)

Kerryne said...

I love this thing... it has been so fun to find so many people that I haven't talked to in years. Cole is beyond adorable... I LOVE that video of him. It's priceless! You've got a little athlete on your hands!!!

Emily said...

Hey girl! I'm so excited that I found your blog. I have been wondering how you guys have been doing. I didn't even know you had a baby. He is very cute. It looks like he may follow in his Daddy's (& Mommy's) footsteps by the look of that video. Very adorable.

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Hey Laura! It's good to see you. Your baby is so cute. I hope you don't mind me snooping on your blog...

The Shirley Family said...

It's so true our kids are growing up so fast. Cole is such a little cutie! I love the video, he is such a good dribbler.

krista said...

Cole is a doll, we loved watching him the other weekend, I think he probably felt a little smothered:) It does go way to fast and I HATE that, I still feel like Tyler is my baby, and he will be a kindergartener soon! I think you will be a fabulous primary pres, and Tyler was excited that Brother and Sister Welch were both going to be in primary now:)

busymama said...

Beautiful post, it is true they do grow so fast. I'm glad you are enjoying these fun times! We will miss seeing you at Travis and Tenille's this weekend for Travies b-day party! - Brandi (Travis' sister)