Thursday, September 27, 2012

" the River "

Welcome to Del Rio, Texas Ya'll!

Home Sweet Home. Our brick rambler is our "desert oasis." Fortune can be found inside a cookie, in my case it is built on the corner of Brown Street.  My spot, my parcel of land in this vast Texas valley is more comforting than a slab of brisket and a side of coleslaw.

 Life on "on base" provides more amenities than a resort community. I predict having access to a base amenities in life to come will not be something I could afford: grocery store, car wash, fitness center, gas station, bowling alley, golf course, trails, 24-7 security, pool, a flight line of activity, library, lawn care, maintenance crew, tennis courts and baseball fields, campground... all within walking distance. Did I mention the golf course is open year round? Oh yeah.

Military families are STALWART. We live on a street of pilot instructors, all with multiple years of service & deployments.  Trent and I are smitten with these individuals, it's almost a juvenile obsession. In fact, I am sure the Capri Sun drool coming out of Trent's mouth at a recent party was a result of flight stories from Air Force Academy cadets, pilots, and now instructors.  We are both trying to hide our desperation to fit in. In reality, we are watching the action from the other side of the bleachers.




2 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

check out your fancy new house :) we miss you guys around here! my boys are always asking about jakey and cole!! I'm glad to see things are getting settled! and that cole loves kindergarten! how are you??!

The JL McGregor Family said...

You are in TEXAS?! I am going to have to google Del River, which isn't a good sign of it being very close if I haven't heard of it before.