Tuesday, March 30, 2010
So much on my mind...
Many complain about the "coldness" of the Cleveland locals. In daily errands I walk among a diverse community, I am diverse as the next. Geoffry, Cole's Barber has a gold tooth and a long pinkie nail. A Lady at the grocery store yells to anyone who will listen... "are the Potato's on sale? Could someone tell me if the Potatoes are on sale?. " I peak around the corner to see who she is yelling at and I don't see a store clerk within 30 feet. Joann roams the neighborhood rain,sleet,sun or snow with her dog 4 times a day. And so does another women, I call her "the women in the orange hat". I ran into Joann at a thrift store recently, then came by to give me an old Russian fur hat. Her head does not fit in anymore, she said she thought of me. An associate at Dave's Market shared her recipe for homemade macaroni and cheese - I did not have a pen,what I remember is: Macaroni, Velveeta, Eggs and Velveeta. Took a 20 minute car ride with a man from Nepal, when facial expression is the only communication tool silence speaks. A refugee, Nepal to Ohio. In passing I am often told, "have a blessed day" ... what a beautiful way to say good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great experiences that you wouldn't be having anywhere else.
Keep sharing that beautiful smile of yours.
Post a Comment